11.09.2010

Boudoir Photos, take one!


Last night, in a partial effort to avoid working on a ten paged paper, and another part just plain desire to do so, I ended up doing a boudoir photo shoot with my friend Sam, and let me tell you- I had a BLAST.

Before I really get into it, I have to say that I am lucky that not only did I know the photographer, but she's my best friend and roommate, so it was really easy for me to get comfortable. I know that not every woman will have this advantage, but my advice is still the same:

If you're thinking of doing a boudoir shoot, DO IT. Do not hesitate, it is so worth it.

"But," my favorite hypothetical reader protests, "I don't know...I have some extra poundage I'd like to get rid of, my skin is too blotchy, or I just don't feel sexy or comfortable in front of the camera."

You know what? I have some extra poundage I'm not particularly fond of, I (and most people I know) don't have perfect skin, and while I do kind of think of myself as a sexy person, I don't consider myself to be extremely photogenic.

However, I adored my boudoir session.

I do plan on giving it to Mikey before our wedding night, but it's not just a gift for him. The boudoir photos were a chance for me to let loose and to express my sensuality. I think, if it had been someone else taking the pictures, it miiight have taken me a bit more time to relax and get into the session, but maybe not! I have a pretty open personality, and even though I may not always be the most confident, I have been realizing that my curves are what make me so feminine, and I really have come to embrace them. When I run my hands up the sides of my body, I feel great about myself and my shape.

So, in the spirit of recent increased self confidence (and procrastination), Sam and I had a drink and started taking pictures.

I've heard people say that they don't understand boudoir photos, or that they're really self-centered and narcissistic. I can see how you could make an argument for that, and I'm sure that, for some people, they are just to fulfill some fantasy of having a bunch of half-naked pictures of yourself- but what's so wrong with that, anyways?

For me, though, it wasn't about anyone else, it was about how I felt. When I was getting the pictures taken, I wasn't thinking about Mikey (no offense, Mikey!) or about the camera- I was thinking about what made me feel sexy, and sensual, and feminine. It was fantastic!

Besides, when I'm eighty years old, I'm going to love to have these photos to look back on, and appreciate how I looked way back when- and I bet I won't be looking at any splotches on my skin.

So! Without further adieu, a sneak peek of a few of my pictures :)

This pillow was so comfy!

What can I say? I'm a total nerd.

Here's a seasonal one. Were you naughty or nice this year? ;)


I think few things are sexier than wearing a man's work shirt.

I look like a mafia boss!




And, the piece de resistance, and my favorite, this one:


Have you ever thought about boudoir photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment